Thursday, June 20, 2013

Making a Homeschool Plan

I've been making a plan for homeschooling and comparing prices it's been overwhelming for me especially since I'm not going to start for a while. (DD is only 2)
For Pre-K I was thinking of starting Hooked on Phonics, Kumon First Steps or My Book Of..., and Before Five in a Row. I'm hoping to start Pre-K when she turns 3 just to see how it goes, if she takes to it awesome, if not I'll put it away for a little while.
For Kindergarten through 6th I'm hoping to use Moving Beyond the Page, I like the idea of a literature based curriculum. For math I'm still debating between Math Mammoth and Life of Fred, I could do a mixture of both but I'll have to wait and see how she does.
I'm also hoping to start a Latin program early on, I've been looking at Sing Song Latin, for 1st an 2nd, then Latin for Children, for 3rd, 4rth, and 5th, and then Latin Alive afterwards. When she gets older I'll let her decide on a foreign language, probably around middle school if she is doing well with everything else.
I want her to learn ASL but I think she would actually have to take classes for that. Maybe the Signing Time DVD's would work but only so much.
I'm getting nervous about making homeschool plans because she may not take well to the programs I'm choosing and that could be painful especially with how expensive these programs can be. We'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment