Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 2012 Update

July is over and now it's time to talk about what happened this past month.
In regards to household management, I was able to stick to a menu plan, I have also had success shopping just once a week for the food items. Couponing has not been doing great because I really am focused on the menu plan right now if I find something that is worth getting a coupon for it really luck. I'm sticking with the menu planning for now and I'm going to try and make a habit of it before I move on to working my menu plan around sales.
In my garden this past month Brian and I put up a trellis for the grape plant and it is doing well. It finally started growing new leaves. I think it will be set for awhile. The pecan tree is doing amazingly as usual, from what I see it is producing several pecans, though I can only see the ones around the bottom.
This month I finished the "Love Comes Softly" series, and memoirs of a geisha. Both are well written historical fiction.
Also something interesting that happened, an animal died under my house, it has smelled horrible for the past few days we've tried many things to alleviate the smell but we recently figured out where it came from. At least it's not in the duct system.

My goals for august:
Continue menu planning
Continue the cookbook challenge
Read "Dance with Dragons", "The Hobbit" and "Drums of Change"
Make a black satin pillowcase


No comments:

Post a Comment