Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012 part 2

Today I did my main shopping. I got everything that will not go bad before Thanksgiving. I was lucky enough to find a 20lb turkey. I'm putting it in my freezer until this coming Thursday. I know it's silly that I just put it in the freezer and then I'm going to have to defrost it starting the day after tomorrow but, I don't want to risk making my family sick. I'm going to let it defrost until two days before Thanksgiving, then I'm going to brine it until the evening before, I'm going to take it out of the fridge, let it warm up to room temperature overnight, and at 6am Thanksgiving morning it should be ready for the oven.
I had to clean out a lot from my freezer to make room for the turkey but I found a bag of sugared strawberries that I made back in May and boy am I enjoying the heck out of them right now. You know what I'm having delicious strawberries in the middle of November because I took the time in May to freeze them instead of throwing them away when they started to go bad.


I used the hand I was given.

No comments:

Post a Comment